Want to be a contributing artist?
The Red Light Film & Art Project exists because we believe in the power of art. Art can express things where logic often fails. Art stirs us and challenges us to move.
As an artist, you are the heart of Project Red Light and JUST ART. None of this would be possible without you, and we thank you for considering offering your gifts to help bring freedom and hope into the world. Here are the guidelines for contributing artists.
- Silent Auction pieces should connect thematically with the event (i.e., justice, hope, love, redemption, freedom, oppression, trafficking, rights, etc).
- ALL Silent Auction proceeds (100%) go toward Project FIGHT.
- Each artist who contributes one Silent Auction piece can display TWO additional pieces in the general Gallery.
- Gallery pieces do not have to adhere to the event theme.
- ALL gallery proceeds (2D/3D art) are split 90/10. 90% to the artist and 10% to Project FIGHT (human-trafficking victim services).
- 3D art is also welcome (potters, sculptures, jewelers, etc).
- Artist Prizes / Awards:
Best theme representation (top 3)
People’s Choice (top 3)
- Pieces must be submitted no later than Friday, August 29, 2014, one week prior to the event.
- 2D pieces should not exceed 36” (width or height) and should be wired for hanging.
- An art drop-off location will be available in both Raleigh and Durham/Chapel Hill. You will be contacted with further details.
Sign me up! I want to contribute!
When artists sign on, we want to shout it out and tweet and facebook and make some noise on their behalf. But in order to do this, we need to know who’s contributing! Please take a moment to fill out and submit this form to tell us a bit more about yourself and the art you hope to contribute. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional art related questions.)
Contact email@example.com or email one of our local artist leaders.